The Federation is a membership based organisation. We have 51 community legal centre members which are actively involved in our work through our Management Committee, Standing Groups, Working Groups and other processes. The Federation’s structure ensures that the client-driven work of CLCs across Victoria informs our law reform and policy activities. Our Justice Policy Positions are endorsed by our members.
Membership brings a range of benefits. Supported by Victoria Legal Aid and other bodies, the Federation offers its members a range of services including:
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services for CLC employees;
- Manager hotline – free management support services;
- Online legal resources from Lexis Nexis provided by the National Association of CLCs (NACLC);
- Free or low cost professional development;
- Low cost professional indemnity and other insurance organised by the NACLC;
- Free website hosting on http://www.communitylaw.org.au; and
- Online toolkit of resources on http://www.communitylaw.org.au
Members pay an annual membership fee, currently $410 in 2012/13, to the Federation plus a contribution to the National Association of CLCs which varies according to the member’s funding.
Applying to become a member
Applicants for membership must satisfy the criteria in the Federation's Constitution and be approved by the Federation Members' Meeting. A copy of our constitution can be viewed in the About Us section of this website.
This letter here explains more about applying to become a Federation member. The application form is also attached here. We encourage organisations which are considering applying to join the Federation to contact us before lodging the application documents.
Community law website Intranet
Existing members can log via the Intranet Login box on the left to access the secure part of this website. Here you have access to membership information and the Federation toolkit, which contains a range of resources and information to save time and help CLCs operate more effectively. Contact the Federation on (03) 9652 1500 or email@example.com if you cannot locate your username and login password.