We are the peak body for Victoria’s Community Legal Centres and Aboriginal Legal Services.
The Federation is the peak body for Victoria’s Community Legal Centres. Our members are at the forefront of helping those facing economic, cultural or social disadvantage and whose life circumstances are severely affected by their legal problem.
For over 40 years community legal centres have been the heart of a powerful movement for social change, reshaping how people access justice, creating stronger more equitable laws, and more accountable government and democracy.
We want a community that is fair, inclusive and thriving: where every person belongs and can learn, grow, heal, participate and be heard.
- Enables a strong collective voice for justice and equality;
- Mobilises and leads CLCs in strategic, well coordinated advocacy and campaigns;
- Works with members to continuously improve the impact of community legal services;
- Drives creativity and excellence in the delivery of legal services to communities;
- Helps make justice more accessible.
Click here to learn About Community Legal Centres.
The team that carries out the work of the organisation on a day-to-day basis.
Victorian Accreditation and Capacity Building Coordinator
Senior Project and Policy Adviser
Senior Legal Policy Adviser
Senior Adviser, Sector Strategy and Development
Project Manager - Data Standards
Project Coordinator - Stories of Strength
Policy and Engagement Adviser
The Federation is managed by a committee comprised of elected Federation members and the Federation's Chief Executive Officer.
Our Management Committee
Springvale Monash Legal Service (Chair)
Peninsula Community Legal Centre (Secretary)
Fitzroy Legal Service
Our Key Documents
- Federation Strategic Plan 2018-22 (pdf)
- Federation Strategic Plan 2014-17 Overview (pdf)
- Federation of Community Legal Centres Constitution (pdf)
- Federation Impact Report 2017-18 (pdf)
- 2016-17 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2015-16 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2014-15 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2013-14 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2012-13 Annual Report (pdf)
The Federation is a membership organisation, bringing together specialist and generalist community legal centres. If you represent a community legal centre and are interested in joining the federation, click here.
The Federation of Community Legal Services acknowledges the vital support of the Victoria Law Foundation in funding the redevelopment of this website.