July 03, 2013 |
Smart Justice works to promote coverage of evidence-based justice policies in the media, and to support our partners in progressing the Smart Justice campaign.
Here’s a selection of recent media coverage we have supported around justice policy issues.
- Double-bunking shows urgent need to reduce prison demand (letter), The Age, 3 July 2013
- Initiatives to steer young people away from crime in Melbourne’s West, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 21 June 2013
- Criminals who spend time in jail more likely to reoffend, ABC TV News, 4 June 2012
- Prison study shows jail not an effective deterrent, Radio national PM, 4 June 2013
- Unease at inner-city policing, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 5 April 2013
- Letter on victims of crime, Law Institute Journal, 1 April 2013
- Plea to fix ‘toothless’ victims of crime system, The Age, 17 February 2013
- Doubt cast over mandatory sentences push, ABC News Online, 12 February 2013
- Policy change on keeping young offenders in solitary, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 4 February 2013
- Victoria reviews the practice of placing minors in adult prisons, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 9 November 2012
- Boys kept in “worst” prison unit, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 9 November 2012
- 16-year-old held in solitary confinement in adult prison, ABC 7.30 Victoria, 26 October 2012