May 16, 2019 |
Whether or not your client is directly involved with child protection, it is essential to have a general understanding of child protection law, including how it intersects with other legal matters.
This training will provide you with a deeper understanding of child protection legislation and process.
Who should attend
CLC lawyers who practice in generalist or specialist CLCs, who wish to gain a better understanding of child protection matters.
*This training is co-facilitated with an experienced child protection lawyer
This training includes:
- General overview of the Children Youth and Families Act, including: Legislative basis for removal of children, best interests of the children, different types of orders, time limits that may affect your client
- The process of a child protection matter through the Children's Court
- The intersection of family violence, family law and child protection
- How to discuss child protection issues appropriately, particularly when clients may have additional barriers to justice
- Practical tips to represent and work with adult clients who are involved with child protection
- Exploration of the complexities of overlapping legal frameworks in child protection matters involving family violence
Date And Time
Tue, 25 June 2019
9:30 am – 4:30 pm AEST
King & Wood Mallesons
Level 50, 600 Bourke St
Melbourne, VIC 3000